About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I started yard selling about 20 years ago when our two boys were in elementary school. It was something we enjoyed and we could do together without them. It also made it possible for me to decorate our home on a budget. We love old rustic things that we can use either the way we find them or by doing what is necessary to make them part of our home. Having a talented partner makes it nice for refinishing / repairing some of the things we buy and when I have an idea of some unique thing I want in my home, he is usuaally able to build it for me. We also build and paint decorations for our family and friends that I will be sharing. Most of them are for Christmas so I should be posting alot very soon. I hope you enjoy looking.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Day project




I found this project on Pinterest and knew immediatly it would be fun to make for me and my kids.   While showing the idea to a friend another friend overheard and placed an order.   "Don't you want to see if I can even accomplish this before you order?"  was my response.   So this is for her to look at and make her decision.

PARTS OF MINE ARE A LITTLE ON THE WILD SIDE
I WANTED TO MAKE MINE ALL ABOUT  VALENTINES DAY AND A LOT OF BLING.
JUST REDS FOR ONE SON AND DIL TO MATCH THEIR HOME AND  A  LITTLE LESS BLING .
NO PICTURES, NOT MUCH PINK AND HARDLY ANY BLING FOR THE  BACHELOR.

The frame on the right hand side of the last picture is one of the gifts we gave them for Christmas.   The middle part with the heart is attached with velcro so it can be removed.  I made a theme for every month as well as one that just says "Welcome to our home".