About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I started yard selling about 20 years ago when our two boys were in elementary school. It was something we enjoyed and we could do together without them. It also made it possible for me to decorate our home on a budget. We love old rustic things that we can use either the way we find them or by doing what is necessary to make them part of our home. Having a talented partner makes it nice for refinishing / repairing some of the things we buy and when I have an idea of some unique thing I want in my home, he is usuaally able to build it for me. We also build and paint decorations for our family and friends that I will be sharing. Most of them are for Christmas so I should be posting alot very soon. I hope you enjoy looking.

Sunday, May 20, 2012


It's almost June and we've been Yard selling a couple of times.  We really enjoy going and I love it when I get decorations that can be added to what I already have. I think every yard sale item I'm about to show was less than $1.00 for each one.

Some of these we bought years ago but all of it was found at yard sales except the olive jar on the right.




The Hens were the only items I got a store.

Everything but the pitcher, the lemons and the jar they are in we got at yard sales this year. 

I love these old pop bottles and crates.  Maybe it's because my father worked at a pop bottling company most of my childhood. I won't say which one since two different companies are represented in this picture.
I found the sconce at Ross and it reminded me of the old pop bottles so I had to at least try it with this arrangement.  


I have so many more things we found in years passed but those are the only pictures I took today since my husband wanted to work on an amazing table we are refinishing.  I hope to post pictures later this summer.