About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I started yard selling about 20 years ago when our two boys were in elementary school. It was something we enjoyed and we could do together without them. It also made it possible for me to decorate our home on a budget. We love old rustic things that we can use either the way we find them or by doing what is necessary to make them part of our home. Having a talented partner makes it nice for refinishing / repairing some of the things we buy and when I have an idea of some unique thing I want in my home, he is usuaally able to build it for me. We also build and paint decorations for our family and friends that I will be sharing. Most of them are for Christmas so I should be posting alot very soon. I hope you enjoy looking.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Funny story behind this frame.  We found a frame and mat with The Family Proclomation in it at a yard sale for $1.50. We bought it with my youngest son and his family in mind and before the day was over I figured we could make a new frame for it and give it to them for christmas. Not a big deal just a frame right? Then because the proclomation was on white paper and not really the look I wanted I decided to try to distress it.  WELL a couple of you tube video's and looking on pinterest for hours, because pinterest sucks you in like that, I found what was needed to achieve this look.  It took coffee (kind of ironic) an oven and some distressing ink. Throw in some dry brushing, a painted mat and we got this.  Lets not leave out my amazingly wonderful husband who listens to my explanation of what I have visioned in my mind and somehow always gives me what I wanted, usually with improvements.  Now remember this was just supposed to be a little gift on the side because it was, after all, just a yard sale find.  I was determined to keep it under $20.00 and I think we actually stayed under $15.00.  WHEW... I think it ended up being their favorite gift. WHICH I LOVE!!!!!!!!!