About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I started yard selling about 20 years ago when our two boys were in elementary school. It was something we enjoyed and we could do together without them. It also made it possible for me to decorate our home on a budget. We love old rustic things that we can use either the way we find them or by doing what is necessary to make them part of our home. Having a talented partner makes it nice for refinishing / repairing some of the things we buy and when I have an idea of some unique thing I want in my home, he is usuaally able to build it for me. We also build and paint decorations for our family and friends that I will be sharing. Most of them are for Christmas so I should be posting alot very soon. I hope you enjoy looking.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A look at our Christmas Projects.

Let me begin by saying........I am SOOOOO VERY uncomfortable with this whole posting pictures of my work idea.  However, everybody knows this is the easiest way for everybody to look at the stuff we make to see if they want to place an order.  So, just as promised, below you will find pictures of the things we have made over the years that we have found great pleasure in sharing with friends and family either as a gift to them or an order placed by them and in MANY cases...both.
Of course we have to start with a Christmas Tree to put us in a festive mood. I can't put a picture of snow because we still don't have any this year.  I sereiously don't remember the last christmas we had without snow.





We make the trees in these pictures. You may not be able to tell by the picture that they have lights on them. The Gift Boxes all have lights inside that glow through the cut out words / snowlakes on the small box. We didn't make the box that says "welcome", it was actually my inspiration.  

We also did the  ivy leaves one year for just a couple of people. 


You can't tell from this picture  but I did a crackle finish on the sled.

These are just those paper mache letters from the craft store painted and covered with scrapbook paper.

An ex-coworker made a set of these years ago and they  have always been one of my favorite decorations. This year I decided to make them for all my neices and nephews and a few others. I think Mike ended up cutting out 21 SETS.....that is 63 candles that man had to cut out and 63 little tiny bows for me to tie.

This is what I made for my neices, nephews and friends last year (2010).

I made this sooooooo many years ago. I actually have one for 3 or 4 holidays the valentine one is pretty dang cute.

I got this idea from the same friend that made the three little candles.  She is an amazing crafter and when I grow up I want to be just like her, haha.

Wow ...  this idea was also from her. See I told you she was good.



This reindeer pole we made in 1991 when my boys were still in school and every one of us played a part in completing it.  We have since made one for my son and his family  and I have enjoyed every one I have made.


Don't forget the lampost, trees, countdown and jingle. There are bigger pics of them in an earlier post.

I don't make anything in the next two pictures but they are some of the old decorations we have had for years that make a big difference in the way my home feels at Christmas. 


I hope you saw something you like.  You know how to reach me.
 I plan on posting the other decorations we made for the other holidays but I'm not promising when.