About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I started yard selling about 20 years ago when our two boys were in elementary school. It was something we enjoyed and we could do together without them. It also made it possible for me to decorate our home on a budget. We love old rustic things that we can use either the way we find them or by doing what is necessary to make them part of our home. Having a talented partner makes it nice for refinishing / repairing some of the things we buy and when I have an idea of some unique thing I want in my home, he is usuaally able to build it for me. We also build and paint decorations for our family and friends that I will be sharing. Most of them are for Christmas so I should be posting alot very soon. I hope you enjoy looking.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

So much time has passed and we have been so busy I haven't posted anything forever.

 Last weekend we finally finished the chairs we got to go with the table I mentioned over a year ago. The table was found on Craig's list, for $30.00, by one of my son's who knew his older brother was in the market for a cheap table he could turn in to a poker table.  I LOVED it the moment I saw it and told him if he ever wanted to get rid of it he needed to give it to me. Well He did.........We stripped it then painted and did an antique glaze on the base and stained the top.  About a year later, at a yard sale, we found some chairs we thought would look very nice with it.  They were green so I needed to paint and finish them to match the table base and Mike stripped the seats and stained them to match the table top.  I LOVE the way it turned out. Even though it took two years... it was worth the wait.
This is the Base and the top of the table before.

The next two pictures are of the chair alone and the four newly purchased chairs with the finished table.


Now for the finished project.
I really love it and hope to Never get rid of  it.  We don't have much money into it but we made up for it with lots of hours of love and hard work